11/27/12

The Street Culture of FUCT Clothing



Yes, you have read it right, FUCT.  Now, every several weeks I try to find a particular clothing brand that is unique and what I do is research their culture leading to their art of branding. This brand right here however, takes the prize for not only being unique but controversial and pushing the limits of freedom of speech and morality. My thoughts were…this is crazy, but that is just what this brand is all about. Despite what you may think, FUCT stands for...


“Friends You Can’t Trust”.


Upon entering the website fuct.com you will be indulged in their mini short movie/commercial that they have going on. Right away, I catch certain symbolisms and upon listening real closely I heard certain things that were said that stood out to me in particular. As a student of the mystical arts and belonging to an order with esoteric roots, representing the light, it was easy for me to identify what type of culture the brand stood for. So in my head I was thinking of the situation that happen to Aleister Crowley. Aleister Crowley is better known for his knowledge in the dark magickal arts. One of his famous quotes is “Do what thou wilt shall be the whole of the law, love is the law love under will”

So here I am, commercial is over the homepage comes in which I immediately see this font on the screen that states “The Love Awareness Program”. Knowing Crowley’s quotes, I could not help myself to but to click it to find out what was that all about. As I enter the next page, I quickly scan the site and to the right where his categories column is placed, there it has a list that confirmed my suspicion. I see key words such as equinox, craft, hermetic, luciferian, O.T.O., obelisk, rites, spirit and so on which relates to the studies of the mystical arts. I mentioned all of this because this all translates into his fashion designs and his approach of marketing. 





From his provocative pictures to his style and designs that implement magick, alchemical and other influences from mystical arts, one can argue he is representing more of the darker nature sort of things.  I see the Aleister Crowley nature and influences through it all. This was later confirmed even further when I found and actual t-shirt design that highlight Mr. Crowley. There are other influences that he uses for some of his designs, but the majority of it comes from the ritualistic nature of black magic. One thing is for sure, in life you go through a situation where you thought you had a friend that you could trust, but in the end you just end up getting FUCT (Friends You Can’t Trust). 







No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

Hello Everyone, My name is Cesar Joel Perez-Babilonia. I created this blog as a fan of unique fashion. The blog's sole purpose is to review brands and individuals that are unique in the fashion industry. As you learn about these brands, you will learn as I like to say, their art of branding. View Cesar Joel Perez-Babilonia's profile on LinkedIn